Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nephews Project

My nephew gave me a call the other day and wanted to know if I wanted to ride with him to pick up an old kawasaki 650 so he could turn it into something rad. I didn't hesitate and said sure. We drove about an hour and half to a little po dunk town called MtGilead Ohio and after checking it out ,he shelled out a couple bills,received the title and homeward bound it was.
The bike has been abused and the wiring needs to be freshened up cause some dumbass didn't know what they were doing and hacked some stuff up. The reg and rectifier is junk and the carbs need completely rebuilt. The tank needs cleaned and maybe lined. The good thing is that the chrome is decent and the tires are like new without any dry rot.
He wants to turn this into a brat style bobber I guess. But like most dudes, he'll change his mind about 30 times before it's finished.
I can't wait to help him get rockin on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment