Thursday, September 1, 2011

Carbs Carbs Carbs

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to get the 650 Kawasaki running. I've clean the carbs and tried syncin them a couple times and it just didnt run correctly. I pulled the carbs back off and recleaned them for the 3rd time. I noticed when I took the jets out that two of the main jet holders looked bent. As I looked closer my thoughts were confirmed. I have no idea how I missed them the past two times but I did. I jumped on ebay and ordered a couple of main jet holders and hopefully this will cure the problem. What was happening was that the carb needle that slides into the main jet was not seating properly. Live and learn I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Intersting, Never seen a bent holder before. The scary part is what caused it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure...was kinda thinkin I may have over tightened when reinstalling them the second time.

    ReplyDelete