Monday, December 6, 2010

Dayton Oh Cycle fest 2010

With the weather all shitty, and colder than a frozen penguin in the artic, there wasn't much else to do this past weekend so I went to the Dayton Cycle fest. After shelling out $12 to get in, and buying a $3.50 beer, I casually strolled around checking out the bikes and chatted with some bike show contestants as well as some of the vendors.
One of the coolest venders I met was at Bar Customs and chatted with a dude name Archie. They are located in Cinncinnati Oh (If I recall right). They had taken a A65 BSA motor and stuffed it into a home made frame. They hand fabbed a bunch of specialty parts and threw a BSA 441 Victor frt end on the ole girl. My pics just don't do the "Faith in Gasoline" bike justice.


Another local builder was Sinners and Saints from Whitehall Ohio  . This bike was very rad! Custom made parts galore including the Hand shifter,oil tank, fuel tank ect ect ect. These were some young dudes who definately know how to build a custom bike.



Right beside the Sinner and Saints booth was Court House Customs, also from Ohio.  They build old school looking bikes with the modern day muscle.

 
While walking around, I found that there was a photo shoot going on so I thought I'd snap a couple pics. The model wasn't very hot though IMO.

And some more photos....






 Red neck Engineering was there....
And a pic of a really cool seat!

Overall, I had a pretty good time. Spoke to some really good people, got some cool ideas for my next bike build, drank a beer and seen some really nice bikes. Not bad for a cold winters day.


No comments:

Post a Comment